Re: Calling all springs, calling all springs.............

-- DIUTLEY@aol.com wrote:
> Greetings all!
>
>     Yeah, I know.  Stupid title, but it grabbed your
> attention, and I
> couldn't think of anything else....  :-)
>
>     I have put out a few feelers to a few on the
> list, but to no avail.  I
> need some springs for my wife's '88 Cabriolet.  I
> believe that any A1 spring
> works fine.  I am looking for aftermarket, Neuspeed
> or Eibach or the like.
> If I cannot find anything within the next couple of
> days, I will have to
> order Eibachs.  I am trying to save some money, as I
> am going to have to
> replace front and rear struts (on the way,
> Bilsteins), all motor mounts, the
> power steering rack, all front suspension bushings,
> and a wheel bearing.  In
> other words, this car drives like crap!  :-)  Any
> offers of aftermarket
> springs for this thing would greatly be
> appreciated..........
>
>     On another topic, has anyone had first hand
> experience with Eibachs?
> From what I have read, the seem to be the shiznay
> (if you don't know, don't
> worry it's not worth explaining  :-)).  I am
> interested to hear of real world
> experience.  I would really like Neuspeeds, but it
> is the wife's car, and I
> doubt she would see that much benefit from them.
> She is not nearly as
> agressive a driver as me, yet.  ;-)  Anyways, any
> comments here would also be
> appreciated........
>
> Thanks in advance.......

My personal experience with Eibach on a Mk1 Scirocco
is that they are way too harsh (unless you like that).
IMHO they screwed up the rates for A1 cars.

I now drive on H&R springs and I LOVE them.

I have heard nothing but good about Neuspeed (H&R used
to make their springs).

This is on a daily driver and I do not autocross.

HTH

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)