Re: same key....interesting

It's my guess that if someone else's key opens the outside lock but
doesn't turn the ignition, it's because one or more of the lock "pins" in
the door lock are stuck or worn to the point that the lock is no longer as
unique as the iginition cylinder is.

Drew (84 Wolfsburg Ed)

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000 scirocco@eureka.eth.ericsson.se wrote:

> On Tue, 15 Feb 2000 foxxinabox@core.com wrote:
>
> > > Tonight I went to get in my winter Rocco, unlocked the door and
> > > proceeded to put the key in the ignition.  The radio came on, but
> > > the key wouldn't turn.  To my surprise, I found out that I was
> > > using the key from my other Roc.  HMMMMM.....something strange
> > > here.  Why do the keys from one car unlock the door to the other.
> > >
> > > I wonder if the key to my silver car will open the black car.  I
> > > hope not.
> > >
> > > Anyone else with more than one VW tried this?
>
> yes I did.
> The same situation: my friend's Roc. My key opened it but the ignition has
> not come.
>
> bye
> Macsek
>
> -- -
>                  ,.     ,.
>                 {^ \-"-/ ^}
>                 "   """   "
>                { <O> _ <O> }
>                ==_ .:Y:. _==
>              .""  `--^--' "".
>             (,~-~."" "" ,~-~.)
>       ------(     )----(     )-----
>             ^-'-'-^    ^-'-'-^
>        mailto:macsek@geocities.com
>       _____________________________
>             |"""" /~.^.~\ """"|
>              ,i-i-i(""(  i-i-i.
>             (o o o ))"")( o o o)
>           fixed      )"")
>             width   (""/
>               font  `"

Drew MacPherson, Network Analyst, University of Guelph

drew@dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca           |  visit the Massey-Harris page:
http://dyermaker.cs.uoguelph.ca/~drew   |  http://m-h.cs.uoguelph.ca