Re: Knock box problem.......

Well heres the q. Why do you have a knock sensor system? What is the engine
code for the engine?

Have you checked the igntion timing? How about the duty cycle for the
mixture? Do you have a Bentley?

>Greetings again, your favorite pest......  :-0
>
>     I am having trouble with my car.  I have an 84 GTi with an 85 GTi
>engine
>installed.  That engine has the CIS-E engine in it.  I have had the car for
>while and not had problems up until more recently.  I just installed a head
>gasket because of a massive oil leak from the oil return (?) there in the
>front of the block.  Anyways, while in there I upgraded to ARP bolts, which
>are very nice.  They look very strong and feel very substantial.  Anyways,
>ever since the gasket install, I am having strange problems with the engine
>not advancing like it should.  It is usually consistent in screwing up when
>start hard from a sudden stop, like at a stop sign.  It however does this
>all
>the time, with little regularity.  As the engine does come on, you can feel
>it gently surge, as it begins to advance, but seemingly not fast enough.  I
>have not yet had time to try to trouble shoot this from the Bentley manual.
>Also, the kncok sensor probably does not have 10k miles on it, nor does the
>new connection onto the harness, gold plated connectors.  One last thing,
>the
>car sat for almost two years.  I parked it when I started to have the H/G
>problem.  I had to abandon it in California till I could afford to bring it
>to Texas.
>
>     Sorry this is so long winded, but I have been trying to figure this
>out
>for about a month now with little improvement.  Hopefully someone can help
>me.  I need to kick some Chevy truck ass, as that is all there is around
>here.  :-)
>
>Thanks again in advance...........
>
>David
>

>--

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (now with a happy shaved, solenoid operated trunk)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco