Re: Rear suspension woes...

On Mon, 14 Feb 2000 11:35:58 EST Outcaste99@aol.com writes:

>The rear shock cannot be compressed enough to pull the shock/strut out
>from under the wheel well! Has anybody else had problems experience
>with this? The struts on the back are not stock KNY(I think,)...I
>tried to use a jack on the bottom part of the strut to compress it but
>there is not way to keep it compressed...let the jack down and the
>strut expands back to full size, simple physics right?! Anyhow anybody
>have any ideas? I'm stuck!

Your making it harder on yourself than you need to. :)

Use the effect that your seeing to your advantage. How? Jack up the rear
of car a little higher, put the jack stands on the chassis and not the
axle. Allow the axle to drop almost to the ground after you unscrew the 2
nuts holding the shocks inside the trunk. Then unbolt the 2 bolts that
hold the shocks to the axle. Remove. Just lift up to get the shock out of
the axle mount, then maneuver it to the side and drop it down and away.
Sem-po?

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi   82' Scirocco GTi   81' "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and