Re: dual downpipe

Thanks for the replies so far.  I must have been so happy about my
exhaust system that I completely forgot about a hollowed out cat.
thanks for bringing me back to reality.  I am planning on ditching the
pipes behind the dual downpipe anyway and will build a good 2" with a
gutted cat.  This will fool those lame Ontario emissions tests that we
have  which are usually just excuses to soak you for "repairs" to make
you pass.  Most places don't pre-warm your car and just stick it on the
emissions dyno then say it won't pass without xxx number of dollars
worth of repairs.  Of course, after the "repairs" they warm the car up
first (to allow the engine to enter closed loop operation) and voila,
you pass!  Big scam but I just book an appointment and drive straight in
from a long highway trip and they've all passed so far.  I guess we're
lucky up here in that we don't have all those Nazi emissions rules like
California does.  Let you know how it goes.

Oh yeah, one question:  The wheels on the dashboard vents won't stay
open any longer.  Any significant volume of air will force them closed
all the time.  A real PITA, esp. in winter.  Does anyone have a fix for
this?

Mike
83 Scirocco GT