Re: mk1 bumpers....

--- Kris Rayner <veritech@fix.net> wrote:
> Well, I got bored today and removed the bumpers off of my '81 S.
> WOW, looks mighty mean...Then I got to wondering about possible
> bumper alternatives to the big US bumpers. Euro's are just too rare
> and expensive it seems.  Are the chrome MK1 bumpers any
> smaller in appearance than the stock bumpers?  If they are, I'd
> consider powder coating them black and putting them on...Just
> how hard to find are the MK1 euro bumpers?  Dirk? are they readily
> available over your way?  What about euro chrome bumpers
> powdercoated black?   I actually kinda like the way it looks without
> bumpers, but unforunately I'd probably be pretty likely to get pulled
> over for it.

 Funny, just today I was over at Daun Yeagley's house...we talked about
other options for the stock MK1 bumpers (US).  It so happens that Daun's
sister has a 90 Jetta GLI that was recently bumped in the front...she
ended up with a brand new bumper cover...so the scraped one was sitting
around and out of curiosity I held it up to the front of my 81.
Ooohhhh!!!  It really could look sweet!  I don't have a clue how to do it,
but would this bumper cover really fit (if trimmed, modded...)?
Hmmm...I've never seen one of these on a MK1 rocco...anyone know if it
could be done (and look nice)?

=====