mk1 bumpers....

Well, I got bored today and removed the bumpers off of my '81 S.
WOW, looks mighty mean...Then I got to wondering about possible
bumper alternatives to the big US bumpers. Euro's are just too rare
and expensive it seems.  Are the chrome MK1 bumpers any
smaller in appearance than the stock bumpers?  If they are, I'd
consider powder coating them black and putting them on...Just
how hard to find are the MK1 euro bumpers?  Dirk? are they readily
available over your way?  What about euro chrome bumpers
powdercoated black?   I actually kinda like the way it looks without
bumpers, but unforunately I'd probably be pretty likely to get pulled
over for it.
                   Kris Rayner
                  1989 GTI 16V
    1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
     "I do nothing in moderation but work."
               -Charles Dickens
        http://www.fix.net/~trzracing/web/