Alternative to Quaife? Why not?

Okay, I understand that at least for of you feel that it is not up to the
Quaife, but no one told me why.  If it is that the Velocity kit does indeed
lock it up at 80%, how much more is more?  If the Quaife does lock up 100%
under load, then there is a 20% difference between the two, but is that worth
$1000+?  I still feel that I am missing something here.........

    When I drove my buddy's early Rabbit that I mentioned earlier, there was
almost no torque steer, and it loaded itself smoothly even when absolutely sna
pping the clutch.  I did not try that car in the turns, though, so I can
understand if there is some benefit there that Quaife delivers.

    Something else I had heard about the Quaife is that they tend to last no
more than 50K miles or so.  Can anyone testify here, without getting testy?
;-)  That is hearsay, as I never spoke to anyone directly with this
experience, only second-hand info.

Okay fellas, help me understand..........Thanks.

David

84 GTi w/'85 engine ----acting up---- anyone does this transplant?  Or in an
early Scirocco?  I could use your help.......Thanks in advance..........