RE: MkI door panels (wanted)

>You can use a non-S door panel, cut the hole for the speaker and put the
>map
>pocket and speaker cover from you old S panel in.

I dont think this is an "S" model thing. I have seen this on non "S" models
from '80-'81. Mine came with door pockets but alas they were brown :( So I
got black ones.

>I was surprised to see that the map pocket part actually could come off.

Brian, Brian, Brian. What are we going to do with you? We are talking about
the most versatile, nonretooling car manufacturer in the world (and the
third largest I might add). They think ahead!

Oh and BTW if anyone is interested in black mk1 door panels with pockets I
think I have about 2 sets.

Chris DeLong
ICQ#45030867
Seattle, WA USA
'80 16V Rag
'82 GLI (now with a happy shaved, solenoid operated trunk)
'80 'Vert
'61 17 Window
'78 Scirocco