An offer I can't refuse, or a charitable donation

Hello all,
Haven't been around much lately, seeing as how it's no fun to be taunted
by lots of happy Scirocco tales whilst mine sits in the driveway, under
tarps, with a seized engine, going no where fast.  A decision has been
made.  Due to money constraints and  possibilities of moving soon, I am
forced to get rid of my beloved '84.  It is a complete car, but the
stock 1.8 is seized, the number one cylinder is toast (from the looks of
the spark plug and the oddly placed bits of metal visible through the
spark plug hole).  I need to get as much money as I can out of the car,
and I don't want to part it out (too cold, too time consuming, not too
much money in the end).  So, I'm either going to sell it to the highest
'bidder', as it were (I need to get $800-1000 for it, but I don't see
that happening), or I'm going to donate it to a charitable organization
and write it off on next years taxes.  The second option will yield the
most money, I'm sure, but if anyone is interested in the car, please let
me know.  Pictures and more info are available upon request (or check
the list Archives, I've posted details before).  This will be happening
relatively soon (next week or two).
Thanks.
Nate Mellom
'84.....almost gone  =o(