Re: Repair Horror Story

Julie Macfarlane wrote:

>         I took my '81 Scirocco to Monroe Muffler & Brake for a complete suspension
> change, exhaust system and a tierod. The car went in on Saturday and picked
> up tonight.... $1200.00 worth of work and not a broken nail!
>         How was the job you ask?

I love you as a sister, one who owns the same car I have. This message
is for everybody though- Don't take your car to some Muffler/ Brake
shop. If your cousin the Rabbit Racer works there then OK, but otherwise
leave them to unknowing K-car drivers.

Invest in the local VW-Audi shop, it's a symbiotic relationship. They
will keep you on the road, you (we) will put there kids through college.
:)

Right on track about the R. Seally (sp) book, it was written for folks
who never touched a wrench in their lives, but is useful even when you
already know what to do.

Say, wasn't someone working on a repair shop registry?

TBerk
"I feel your pain"
I took my (rip) Ghia to a Monroe shop once. Once.

PS- Extra credit; What type suspension did you put on your car?