even MORE font end noise!!

Well........

    Okay, it must be the time of year for Sciroccos with front end noise.
So, my car has been clunking quite loud for a few weeks now.  Thus far I have
replaced the passenger side and rear transaxle mounts.  But I haven't done
the other two.  The replacement of the two mounts accomplished nothing but
quieting my dashboard (which is nice).  But after climbing underneath the car
the other day, I discovered that the exhaust hook that the hanger suspends
right about the catylitic converter is busted from the exhaust pipe...  and
there is a dent on the underneath of the downpipe right above the
swaybar.....   aaaha!!!
    Well, I had the hood up last night, and had my GF slowly drive the car
back and forth about 7 or 8 feet in and out of the garage, and I noticed that
the engine rocks back and forth...  the front mount sags nicely in its perch
that is bolted with 2 17mm bolts underneath the radiator.  You can see it
moving up and down when she drives the car back and forward.  So fine, I need
to throw in a new front mount... however, it doesn't appear that the motor
mount will sit square in its circular perch with the new mount in, like the
engine is otherwise sagged.
    Anyone experienced similar symptoms?
    Thanks!!