Re: Mk1 16v exhaust options

>Very smart.  Due you have emissions testing (the exhaust type) down in CT?

Yes I do... The car's good until 2001 I think. I'm looking for some way to
keep it really cheap. That's the whole theme of this engine swap.
(considering I got the entire Jetta for $350, and put about $400 worth of
engine mounts, clutch and parts) into it, I'd say I'm ahead of the game.

>You could probably splice them together, but it would be much better
>performance wise to get the right exhaust; the 16V exhaust pipe diameter is
>noticably larger.

yeah yeah.. I'm aware of the performance factor. heh.. Let's say I got
myself a 16v Scirocco downpipe with a car from the junkyard, would I be able
to bolt it up to my puny 8v midpipe?

>Any luck getting her running?

Not yet, but I think I'm getting somewhere.. I replaced a bad wire, and blew
out Fuse #10! Now I just gotta figure out what caused that.

-Dave
'81 Scirocco 16v (Winnie)
'87 Subaru GL 4WD Wagon (Evelyn)