Re: Need tools

Chris DeLong wrote:

> It is actually referred to as an 8mm by the Snap-on tool guy. I do agree
> that it is the size of 6mm. However, if you request a 6mm triple square you
> will end up with too small of a tool. For somee reason the fact that it is a
> triple square they (tool companies) seem to think that it should be called
> an 8mm.

I believe the difference is inside vs outside diameter. Wait, that's not
worded right. It's meant that Hex is measured face to face surface.
Triple square is not measured in on the surfaces but the outer diameter
of the points. This still needs confirming but that should explain why
the two have different sizes for a given outer diameter.

TBerk