newbie advice needed

Hello everyone,

I'm in the process of looking for a new car and I'm really interested in
getting a Scirocco.  I used to have an 87 Accord, but it recently "died" -
it's time for something new.  Anyway, I'm a college kid and have about
$4,000.  This should be plenty, right?  I'm not sure how much they run.
What model I'm interested in are the 16V models.  Could anyone tell me
exactly what years these were made?  Was the last year Scirocco's were made
1988?  Do the 16V's have the Recaro seats and different interior?  Also, is
is a 5 speed tranny?  Could anyone tell me about horsepower figures or
anything about the engine?  Also, and probably most important, how good of
cars are these?  Will it be as reliable as my Accord was - or close?  Do
they rust easily or break down easily?  Are maintenance costs high?  Sorry
to bug all of you, I know I have A LOT of questions, but I want to make sure
my bases are covered.  Thanks in advance!!!

Matt
tippinm@cc.wwu.edu
ICQ #: 5738510