FS: '87 16v

Hello everyone,

It makes me sad to part with this fine automobile, but
the 914 hybrid project most begin.  I've done the
research, found the help I need, and am going for it.
The rocket ship is as of now, up for sale.

Here's the specs:
'87 16v sold Jan. '87
have all reciepts
156,000 miles
compression 205 205 205 205
stock 1.8 in prestine condition
no rust
paint looks increadible dark burgandy metalic
clearcoats like you wouldn't believe
debadged and detrimmed
fresh clutch
new tires Nitto 450 215/40 R16
Kamei grill with eyelid spoiler
Euro-headlights

suspension:
neuspeed 22mm front swaybar
neuspeed 28mm rear swaybar
neuspeed upper strut brace
neuspeed rear triangulated strut brace
neuspeed race springs
koni adjustable yellow inserts on koni housings (rear
height adjustable)
16" Prime 5 spoke rims
0% camber

Engine:
1.8 liter DOHC 16v
TT downpipe/cat NEW
new oxygen sensor
stock 2" stainless mandrel bent cat-back
swiss cheezed airbox
K&N air filter
8mm spark plug wires

Interior:
White gauge face conversion
shortened shifter
ABD short shift kit
sunroof/power windows and locks

This car is a prestine example of a 16v scirocco. . .
smog test revealed barely any readable emissions.
Engine is very clean, and power is one of the best of
any stock 16v I've driven.  This car is ready to go.
You can fly in and drive it anywhere without a second
thought.  Right down to the tires.  Great platform for
engine mods.  Known problems are heater control wire
(have new replacement) the heater control valve and
core work because heater can be turned on and off from
inside the engine compartment.  And crunchy 3rd gear
syncro.  Dent on rear panel. . . driver's side.

Tuned by Griffin Motorwerke Berkeley California
Meticulously maintained throughout the car's whole
history.  Receipts to prove it.

asking $5,500
Contact 'Chung
pager (650) 737-7186