Re: 2.4L 90 Passat and 2.0 question

  Actaully i have the Audi 80 1989 2.0L 8V "tall" block on my car , and it's the one i meant in my e-mail , and i didn't know that you Americans call the block without a head  a short block and with the head a long block , now me and everyone on the list know know what i meant and where the misunderstood , and now we know the difference between tall and long , at least i learned something new .
  But here in jordan we call the block only " blank " block ,  and the block with the cylinder we simply call it complete engine .

Ayham Idrees
http://www.scirocco2.de/ayham.htm

VeeWdriver@aol.com wrote:

And then there's always the Audi bubble block 2.0 (engine code 3A) which has
the same height as the early motors...forgot about that one...

Tom