Why my '81 16v won't start? (part 3)

DUDES.

Progress has been made. I think.

With the help of a multimeter, we found that there was no continuity between
terminal 1 on the coil and C19 on the fuse box.

So, we replaced the wire with a new, working one.

We found that the negative lead of the coil had positive power coming out of
it. As in, if we took that wire to the positive lead of a multitester, and
the negative lead to battery negative, we got +12V DC. Weird?

When we turned the key to the on position, a fuse blew. (Which is good!) It
was fuse #10, the fuse that controls the heater fan.

I followed that on the current diagrams, and it also went to the Load
Reduction relay, the "lite switch lite", the 4-way flasher switch and the
rear window defogger. What gives?

It's good that the fuse blew.. I guess it gave us a lead. I can only assume
that beforehand, the fuse didn't blow, but instead the wire broke inside and
then didn't give continuity.

I think I'm getting somewhere.