Re: horrible grinding and vibration

In a message dated 2/6/00 11:37:35 AM Pacific Standard Time, DNK006@aol.com
writes:

<< Sounds like the rear transaxle mount.. actually it  is the rear trans
mount.  Your car feels like a carnival roller coatser right? yeah, not cool.
Look under and note if the rear of the trans-mount (big rubber block on a
bracket comming off the center of the car) is just plain broke.  They cost
about $35 for an OEM replacement.  When the rubber gets soacked in oil they
usually wear pretty quick.  Chances are you have bad drive flange seals!  oh
yeah, check your gear lube before you burn out 5th gear! >>

I have been having a helluva time with my car...  it clunks and clunks, and I
replaced the passenger side and rear mounts... to no avail.  But after
looking underneath the car today, I discovered that at the O2 sensor area of
the exhaust, the bracket that is supposed to be suspended by a hanger is
broke, and the exhaust has been banging on the swaybar... arrrrrrghhh!!!!!
Something also to check out...