non-roc porsche q interesting site

Hello,

I've always been enamored with porsche 914's, but the
thought of building one was always prohibitively
expensive. . . and reliablility, well, I can drive my
'rocco whenever, wherever.

CAme across this website while scanning through
euro-car mag.

www.porchev.com

This guy is selling adapter kits for porsche 914's for
chevy small block v8's.  Running the numbers through
my head, seems like you could have a pretty fast. ..
fairly reliable car for 'round $10,000?  Just off the
top of my head.

$5000 fairly clean chassis
$1500 conversion kit
$1000 engine
$1000 various 911 parts

Eh, just a thought.  I'm going to poke around for more
info.  Anyone know of this sort of thing?  Sounds like
these cars have been winning auto-x events.  Perchance
there have been sitings?

-'Chung

I felt so safe in my vw world. . . now, have to read
about Chevy and Porsche.