Re: 88 16v motor 4 sale, 85 scirocco 4 sale

Dave,

Unless someone wants to just replace their existing 1.8L 16v motor, you
would be in luck, but my experience is that the group of people that want to
just maintain is very small and hard to find.  BUT, since it is a
rumor/tale/fact that the 1.8L 16v head flows better than the 2.0L head,
power hungry 16vers like to mix the 1.8 head with the 2.0 block.  SOOOO,
this makes the head usually worth more than the entire motor!!  I have seen
1.8L 16v heads go for $350 at salvage yards up to $1500 + ported, polished,
performance springs, cams, etc.  Pretty easy to find someone in need of a
1.8L 16v head for a performance upgrade with a 2.0L block!!!

Dave