'81 S coming up for sale

A friend of mine has a very nice '81 he will probably put up for sale
soon.  It's mars red, 2.0l 16v, recaro seats, zender front airdam,
euro square headlights, 16" BBS wheels, 11" crossdrilled frnt
brakes, rear disc. This car really turns heads and the times.  The
guy selling it Nathan at German Parts and Restoration in San Luis
Obispo, CA.  I was talking to him today and he mentioned that he
might ask $5000. Sounds steep to me, even with all the mods.  It
might be worth a call to talk to him though.
                   Kris Rayner
                  1989 GTI 16V
    1981 VW Scirocco S - Soon to be a 16V :)-
     "I do nothing in moderation but work."
               -Charles Dickens
        http://www.fix.net/~trzracing/web/