Re: [all] recalls and used vehicles

> Maybe I'm wrong, but I think VWoA gets the info from the state when you
> register your vehicle.  I have never sent a card to VWoA but have received
> mailings from them, including recall notices, and I had heard it was
> because the vin #s and owner info gets frowarded to manufacturers for this
> reason.

  that's what i would've thought, but a few years ago i got stranded up
in wisconsin (i live in ohio) and had to tow the car back ($350). it was
partly due to a dying fuel filter which was/is covered under the recall
that i never received notice of. seems you've just had very good luck
(or i bad).

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com