Re: [all] recalls and used vehicles

>I tried to get these cards last year, but they said
>they no longer do this. I complained to VWOA, and they
>gave me an email address to send my VINS to with my
>street address.
>
>I can dig up the email address if anyone is
>interested.
>

>=====
>Mark Peele
>1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT

Maybe I'm wrong, but I think VWoA gets the info from the state when you
register your vehicle.  I have never sent a card to VWoA but have received
mailings from them, including recall notices, and I had heard it was
because the vin #s and owner info gets frowarded to manufacturers for this
reason.

John Worden
Wayne, Maine

'81 MkI w/2.0 16V (waiting for the spring)
'86 MkII 8V  (also waiting for the spring)
'98 Dodge Dakota 4x4