Re: Will not warm up!

On Thu, 3 Feb 2000 14:02:13 -0500 "Jason" <jason87vw@nac.net> writes:

>My 87 16v just will not get hot!
>The needle works, and it only seems to get "hot" when I am sitting idle
>for a LONG time. When I get going, it cools right down. I guess I
>shouldn't complain, could be worse, but It is too freaking cold to drive

>with very little warmth...Any Ideas ?

Where is it you live where its COLD this time of the year?? I was in
shorts and a t-shirt all day today. Much too hot to wear jeans at 85
degrees. (Oh yeah, I forgot, I live an a 2 climate region... spring,
summer, spring, summer. My bad. LOL!)

What you can do is manually move the selector lever over. (Know the one
im talking about?)
The heater system uses a valve located on the heater hose in the engine
bay. If you go into the engine bay and move the lever over as far as it
will go, this might be worth a few extra degrees for you.
Since im climactically challenged, that's the only help I can offer you.
(Except for sticking cardboard in front of the radiator. Did that way
back when I lived in Germany.)
HTH!

Shawn Meze
86' Jetta GLi   82' Scirocco GTi   81' "Project Scirocco FSP"
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and