Re: Mk1 spoiler on e-bay

Mark,
I am positive that the Mars spoiler is original.
It has the brake ducting hole painted black,
and is paper thin.
The Cosmo's is a little thicker and supported
the weight of the car when I snapped an axle
at Laguna Seca much to my amazement and
relief. (state of the art track and and the rescue
truck is some POS 80's type with the two fabric
straps that go under the front of the car, go
figure!) The others are a mix of matt black
Zender ones and the thin body color S ones.
I also live in San Jose where snow is a foreign
word to most people out here.
How could you tell the difference, they look
identical, and isn't the OEM S one made by
Zender?

Randy B.
Cosmos 81 Scirocco S - soon to be 2.0L 16V
Mars 81 Scirocco S - t t 1847cc