Re: screwed up crank shaft pulley allen bolt...

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, drew wrote:

> > - chisel and heavy hammering (oh my poor chisel!)
>
> Your poor chisel?  Man, they're light little bucket bolts, you don't have
> to use a 10 lb sledgehammer on them...!  A 10 oz ball-peen works fine for
> me - much easier to swing in those tight areas.  It's not the force so
> much as the jar that breaks them loose.  Try it and you'll see... :)

But, you see, I actually use my chisel for woodworking, so the idea of
taking that fine edge I spend so long getting honed, and banging it
against a metal bolt with a hammer, well, that's just sacrilegious ;)

-Oliver

Oliver Seiler -- Software Developer, Pivotal Software, http://www.pivotal.com
    Scirocco MkII Diary - http://erisian.com/~oseiler/scirocco/index.html