My car is running again (at least for now)

Hi all,

Most of you should know about the fuel delivery problems I was having a
while back.  We have been able to determine that the fuel pump is working
and the fuel pump relay is working.  The car is running right now, but
I'm a little concerned as to what exactly happened to it the other day
(when it stranded me 25 miles away).  The fuel pump was not working at
that time; it is now.  What might cause the fuel pump to work
intermittantly (other than a faulty unit)?  This has only happened the
once, but I'd like to avoid it in the future.  Might there be something
in the electrical system that might cause this?  I also have a couple of
other electrical problems (the main instrument panel acting up and,
occasionally, the wipers will operate twice when I pull the lever back to
operate them once).  Could these be related?  My father seems to think
that there might be a short in the ignition switch causing the problems.
Does this sound reasonable?  Any other ideas?
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

-Timothy A. Reed, Esq.
t.a.reed.esq@juno.com
Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the
Lord.
Romans 12:11