Re: 2.0 16v

Peterson/Doty wrote:

> I found a 2 liter 16v out of a Passat complete w/ Motronic harness, ecu,
> knock sensors for $800 shipped from PA to central Ohio.  80k miles.  Kinda
> high?  I know blocks can be found for $400-500, correct?  Would the hassle
> to swap to Motronic be worth it?  I know Brett was talking about getting
> fuel lines made to keep the Scirocco intake and I'm sure it's a bitch to do
> the wiring.  Thanks.

The PO of my car paid $900 for the 16V that wound up in my car, it had
40k on it (allegedly - nothing noted on the junkyard receipt).  So maybe
$800 shipped ain't all that bad..

As far as the Motronic swap, not sure on that one - mine retained the
original FI and he sold off the Motronic stuff.

What I CAN tell you is the 2.0, even with the 'roc FI, is a beast!!

-kc-
'86.5 16V 2.0
'99 GTI GLX