Re: Interesting item on eBay web site item#250257432: 1983 Callaway Turbo Scirocco

Also my car. hehehe. I'm only selling it to get an UrQuattro. I've got Audi
fever in a big way.

Zero bids though. Perhaps it's the wrong season to sell the thing...

-Noah
-83 VW Callaway Turbo Rocco (FORSALE)
-83 VW 16v Cabbie (coming soon...)
-87 VW 8v GTI (Will this car ever die? 250kmi)
-87 Audi 5kCSTQ (recently aquired, not featured on my site)
http://www.members.tripod.com/pchandyman/

Mmmm, tasty...

tiAn
87 16V

Title of item: 1983 Callaway Turbo Scirocco
Seller: pchandyman@intrex.net
Starts: Jan-31-00 00:22:09 PST
Ends: Feb-10-00 00:22:09 PST
Price: Starts at $2,500.00
To bid on the item, go to:
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250257432

Item Description:
I purchased it from the original owner, who kept it garaged. The turbo kit
has been on the car since it had 1k miles, The head was rebuilt about 10k
miles ago, engine burns no oil, leaks almost no oil. Mobil 1 oil and oem
filters always. Runs at 1/3-1/2 of temp scale, always. Original paint, but
looks great. Great seals and rubber from being inside, although I have kept
it outdoors in the year and one half I have owned it : (.

approx 180-200hp. My only measured performance stats were with a couple of
friends in the car with me. 7.14to sixty, 14.x @ 102mph in the quarter.
Probably in the low sixes all alone. (all G-tech stats.)
'83 Model, 8v motor (JH), 145k on odo, 5k on NEW to4b turbo.
Single wiper (oem)
Black leather interior. Montego Black Metallic exterior. (all original, good
shape)
Turbo kit from Callaway Turbosystems inc., including: watercooled Turbo
(turbonetics t04b), Boost gauge, Intercooler, Special manifold, etc. (no
"microfueler")Custom bent 2.5" exhaust, one tiny muffler. Special front
subframe brace, and special front swaybar, and a cool Callaway valve
cover...
Aftermarket 15x7 wheels, and older msw design (i think)195/50/15's w/ good
tread.
Intrax (low&stiff) springs, and Tokico Illumina adjustable struts.
.71 fifth gear. Sachs sport clutch, 50% shift reduction, weighted shifter,
momo storm zebrano knob.
Stereo: Sony cdxc680 (every feature imagineable), Sony XM4055amp
(55x4), Soundstream 5.2 separates, Polk rear plates, sony 6.5 midbass, one
JLaudio 10w6 subwoofer in a sealed small enclosure, Soundstream Rubicon
lil'Wonder (270x1, as configured) (Bargain shopping, I spent $1300 on this
stuff)

As far as defects, the drivers side bolster is a little worn (not terminal),
The previous owner dinged up the roof a bit with a roof
rack that he didn't remove before attempting to enter the garage. Fairly
minor, and this keeps me from obsessing more than I already do about the
cosmetic status of the car. The air conditioning is inoperative, and is also
the early style york compressor. I have always planned to install a rotary
style compressor setup from a later model car, but I haven't done it yet.
Also, the wiper motor is a little tired. I
always used rainx anyway so it wasn't a big deal for me.

You can see pictures at:

www.members.tripod.com/pchandyman/

I will discuss the payment arrangements when the auction is over.

Visit eBay, the world's largest Personal Trading Community
athttp://www.ebay.com