Re: wierd sway bars?

--- chris <frion@netzero.net> wrote:
> on the rocco i am buying there are some wierd
> looking sway bars and i  am
> wondering what they are?
> they go the all the way across the car and connect
> to the bolts for the
> front bumper?
> then go to the control arms. anyone ever seen one
> like that?
> chris

sounds like the old GMP swaybar from the late 70's. I
used this swaybar on my old 1975 Scirocco. these were
available before VW got around to equiping U.S. A1 VWs
with factory swaybars (which was 1983 modle year)

I threw those bars away last August when I was moving
. . .

=====
Mark Peele
1981 Scirocco, 1982 Scirocco, 1978 Scirocco, 1987 Golf GT
http://www.scirocco2.de/mark.htm
Direct Mail: SCIROCCO_GTX@YAHOO.COM
Need parts? try http://www.parts4vws.com/ (Potterman)
or http://www.germanautoparts.com/ (Adirondack)