Re: Why my '81 16v won't start? (part 2)

On Mon, 31 Jan 2000 20:31:25 PST "Dave Novak" <toastworks@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>On Mon, 31 Jan 2000 20:32:08 -0700 (MST) Night Shadow
>><soltwede@ucsub.colorado.edu> wrote:
>
>>Just a thought, but isn't there a DIFFERENT fuel pump relay used in CIS-E
>>systems vs CIS?
>
>YES!
>
>I have the one from the Jetta, too.
>
>Should I use this one? If so, how do I hook it up since the Jetta's has four
>pins and no fuse, and the Scirocco's has five and a fuse.

Dave, Eric, et. al.

I'm a bit confused - I'm doing a 16v swap on an '81 Rabbit
Convertible, following probably the same advice from Brian as to
grafting the wiring as Dave.

I am quite a ways from attempting a start, but...I know the fuel pump relay, in
the '81 Rabbit's fuse box is fused, because I replaced it.  TEPO (The
Evil Previous Owner) had a jumper in place, no relay (D'OH!), so I
know it's brand-new.  It also doesn't have the recall to move it up
to the top of the fuse
box (I got a connector but there was a dangling orange wire that I
didn't know where to hook up, so I stuck with it in the fuse box.)

I will check tonight to see how many pins are on my relay.

Dave - so far, the Bentley for the '81 Convertible matches up exactly...I was
crawling around under the dash last night hooking up an alarm and the
cold-start
injector, and every wiring connector I found I could match up to the
Bentley perfectly, wire color and function.  Maybe this is the
diagram you need to look at?

| Jim Jarrett,CCP                                                   |
| Eastman Kodak Co. - Professional Digital Cameras                  |
| 901 Elmgrove Road MC 35504                                        |
| Rochester, NY 14653-5504         Phone:(716) 726-6365             |
| jarrett@kodak.com           All opinions expressed are mine alone |
| http://www.kodak.com                                              |