TECH: 2.0L 16v swap questions

so i've decided to go with a 2.0L 16v longblock to replace my 1.8 w/broken
timing belt, since i was going to throw in a 2.0 bottom end in the spring
anyway. since it's too damn cold even in atlanta to do work now, i'm going
to buy a $1000 beater for the next couple of months (maybe an old rx-7 or
mr2? any suggestions?), which will give me time to collect any assorted
parts i may need, and not have to rush. is there ANYTHING tricky about this
swap, or is it strictly straightforward? i think i've located a donor engine
w/90k miles for $550 from an auto passat, and i think i'll keep my cis-e.
things i think i'll need: 1)NEW TIMING BELT 2)assorted belts and hoses
3)exhaust manifold gasket. questions: are there any other bits i'll need
from the donor car? does everything just plug into the new block, or will
there be wiring issues or anything? what bits will i need from my old block?
in short i guess, is there anything that i haven't thought of that i'll need
to do/get before i get halfway through this and realize i need something
before proceeding? any help or tips from guys that have done this would be
greatly appreciated! thanks,
-michael
88 vw soon-to-be 2.0L 16v scirocco
19xx mystery beater (soon)