Re: [audio] Boston Acoustics Rock

At 01:06 PM 12/25/00 -0600, you wrote:
>I had put BA 6x9's in my rear deck (previous owner already had holes cut),
>so for Xmas I asked my wife for BA's for my front doors.  I had emailed BA
>for a model that fit the factory holes and they do!  Although you have to
>mount them behind the cut out, they fit perfectly with no cutting of metal
>or door panels or anything, and you can use the factory grills.  Plus, my
>Scirocco is thumping now, and I donšt even run an amp and/or subs.
>
>Rear 6x9's - model CX9  - cost me $80 locally
>Front 4x6's - model CX7e - I think $60 (xmas present)
>The model for these is changing to FX7e I believe - make sure you get the
>'e' model, it stand for European.

Yeah the CX7es are good, I have had mine for 5 years or more now, I put
them in all 4 stock locations. Very clean sounding, especially with a good
source powering them. Mine werent too impressive with the stock head unit,
but with the Alpine CD head unit I have now, they sound much better. I'm
sure if I wasnt too lazy and cheap to mount an external amp, they'd sound
really kick ass.

Brad