Re: [mkii] strut stuck

On Thu, 28 Dec 2000 00:56:32 -0500 "Foxx (in a box)"
<foxxinabox@core.com> writes:
>   hopefully someone can help before i get a new strut tower or pay
> someone to rip the damn thing out. after messing with one of the
> sturts on my '85 8v for the past four hours, we've come to the
realization
> that nothing we could do would get the strut seperated from the tower.
we
> even went to far as to rig a puller type thing with a hydraulic
> jack, but no luck. it looks as if the strut is rusted to the tower.
there
> are no visible holes that penetrating fluid could get into. any ideas
on
> how to get it out? thanx.
> --
>  /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
> < o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com
>   \ /
>    °

I'd pound off the two 8mm studs on the strut mount.

If you still can't get the strut off, I'd release the 22 mm nut that
holds the strut assembly together,
be careful it is under tension, and then pound off the strut mount.

Peter
'79 Scirocco 16V project car
'83 GTI "Caged Rabbit"
'84 Scirocco, RD/FF