Re: re; dusted a Honda.

Like I said, I wasn't calling you a liar.  I'm just suggesting that there is a hidden variable somewhere or, like you said, he was a crappy driver and you are a very good driver.

Also, once again, if it was a 5th gen, it WAS a VTEC.  They all come with the same engine, regardless of whether it was a Base or an SH.

Anyhow, I'm admittedly a newbie here and I don't know individuals and their characteristics, but, without fail, every board I go to (VW, Subaru, etc.) LOVES to bash Hondas.  Since I just sold one that I was very happy with, I often times feel obligated to defend them.  Again, I specifically stated that I wasn't calling you a liar.  Sorry if you were offended anyway.

Rusty
88 16v

>>> "Travis Bedford" <tmb16v@hotmail.com> 12/27/00 14:55 PM >>>
Why would I lie about beating a Prelude? What could I certainly gain? Like I
said, either this guy was a puss, or he had a base model. I have no
delusions of grandeur in beating a VTEC. I know it was a newer Prelude
because I saw the  long, narrow taillights when we pulled up the light. I
have no problems with Hondas other than the fact that they are a dime a
dozen. I need performance and charachter.  All I was trying to say is that I
was proud of my Scirocco beating a Prelude that started at near the
horsepower. He probably had 100K+ fewer miles on his car. Then factor in
loss of compression and the fact that the only mod I have is a K&N air
filter.

Travis.
8816V.