electrical prob.-wipers,blower,radio

This is for an '88 16v Scirocco:

Right now my wipers, heat/AC blower, and radio will not work.  I thought it
had something to do with the air blower switch, because when everything
would quit if I turned the switch back and forth it would all come back on.
At first it would only happen once in a while and only at certain blower
speeds.  Then all of a sudden all blower speeds worked (so it's not the
inline resistors).  Last week none of the speeds would work, and for some
reason the wipers and radio would not work.  I looked through the wiring
diagrams in the bently and I cannot find any link between the wipers and the
blower switch.  My radio is wired to turn on and off with the ignition, and
I have no idea if this is somehow linked to the blower wiring now.  I bought
a new blower switch to see if it would help, but it didn't.  All of the
fuses are ok.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know.  It is cold and snowing so my
car is grounded without heat and wipers.  Thanks for any help.

Josh Strait

1988 16v