Re: (Tech - Jetta) Headlamp washers

In a message dated 12/21/00 4:48:36 AM Eastern Standard Time,
scalainj@hotmail.com writes:

<<
 I have a 83 Jetta Gl with headlamp washers
 One works, one doesn't
 The non-working one is the one closest to the pump/reservoir
 There is one pump so that works fine, the hose goes past the non-working
 washer so one assumes no blockage.
 NO water at all comes from the washer - It is bone dry

  What a neat thing to have, but only if it works, hm?  Ok, I'm guessing that
they operate of one pump and as the second sprayer works, np here. Is it a
single hose that leads to the nozzles in series, or does each sprayer have
seperate hoses meeting at a t-connection? The hose may not be clogged, but
have you looked at the spray nozzle itself? There's likely some crud, or wax
may have become lodged in there, use a needle or staight pin to clear out the
nozzle. Works on windshield sprayers.

Carl (drops $.02 in the can)
77rocco
89fox