RE: Gauges and other acc.

>A rear wiper and windscreen washer is also installed, but I haven't yet
>found the contact to start any of em'.

If you push the wiper stalk toward the front of the car you can turn on your
rear wiper.  It has two modes depending on how long you push down on the
wiper arm.  If you push and hold down for a longer period of time it will
cause the sprayer to spray and the rear wiper will wipe for a short period
of time then shut off.  If you push the wiper arm down for a short period of
time you will hear the sprayer motor briefly, but the rear wiper will run
intermitantly until you do the same to turn it off.  It will also
automatically turn off when the car is stopped.  It took me awhile to figure
this out when I first got my '86 Scirocco.  My '84 didn't have a rear wiper.

Don