Re: VDO gauge question.

I concur with most in that oil T, oil P, and volts are probably the three
most important.  I threw in 3 more by modifying a 3 gauge panel from a GTi (I
think) and installed it below the other 3 gauge panel.  I also have air/fuel
ratio, vacuum, exhaust T.  A friend tried to convince me that I needed water
T, but I think the gauge on the dash is close enough.  Besides, I don't
really care what the 'exact' water temp is.  I have these 6 gauges in both my
16v and my 81.

Just my $0.02,
Stewart