RE: [comment] VWoA...WTF?

Oops.  Forgot to mention that.  I like the idea of raising CAFE to something
like 28mpg.  The technology exists to do that, although a lot of people
would stop buying SUVs because the performance would drop off (not that it's
really there to start with).

I realize that statement sounds hypocritical - I write this with my 20mpg
Cherokee listed in my sig.  If it were not for the fact that I'm house poor
(and school loan poor), we would replace it with a car.  My wife and I don't
really like driving our Jeep because it's a truck; I got rid of my Nissan
truck because it's a truck and drives as such.  We're about to sell our
house, and when we get out from under its financial burden, we may get into
the market for a newer Passat wagon.  I hear the automatics are really nice
in those.  ;-)

Aaron
'82 Scirocco
'70 Beetle