Just picked up a FREE 87 16V

87 16V Scirocco, Flash silver (my favorite color)
Bad thermostat
dead starter
missing downpipe

Salvage title, driver side front damage, repaired, but not perfect. Cheap
paint where damage was. Looks good from 10 feet away.
Leather interior in decent shape, no tears
Sunroof mechanism not working
instrument cluster hosed

ran "good" before starter died, been sitting a few months.

along with my "purchase" I was handed over

new thermostat
working sunroof mechanism
uncracked dash
spare fender for driver's side
unbroken glovebox (non 16V)

to add to my savings I decided to purchase from him a brand new TT downpipe
w/ cat for $280.

Put it all in and get a starter, I think I'll have it running by the
weekend.

3 makes a set :-)

Jonas
85 Scirocco 2.0