RE: CRAZY Vert... WAS: Re: A new project!! (input requested)

> What kind of manifold issues were there?  Does the TD exhaust manifold from
> the Quantum interfere with the intake on the Scirocco?  Someone mentioned
> yesterday there were clearance issues.

I don't know about the Quantum TD setup, but the jetta TD setup does have
clearance issues with the intake manifold (though with a TIG welder and
some grinding on the intake you could probably fix that issue).

> Along those lines, I'm interested in putting a turbo on my JH when it goes
> into my '82.  Short of buying a new system, what setups are around that
> won't interfere with the intake or anything else?

Here ya go Aaron...just 3 hours left on it, go for it!

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=517573086

Eric

80 Scirocco (GF's Daily Driver)
81 Scirocco S (2.0 16v swap and complete restoration in progress)
91 Cabriolet (2.0 8v swap and mechanical rebuild in progress)
97 Golf Trek (Parts car)
00 Golf GL TDI (My Daily Driver)

-Kelli Fox