What did I do wrong....?

So - over the summer I did a semi-full front
suspension renewal.
Replaced:
control arm bushings
sway bar bushings
front wheel bearings
front strut inserts (bilstein of course)
steering gear / bushings
tie rods & ends
tranny mount

what I didn't replace
springs (2 year old H&R's) and strut bushings

Here is the problem - the front drivers side sits 1"
lower than the passenger side.  It rubs the wheel well
if I hit any sort of pebbles when turning (15" rims)

I (am 95% sure I) swapped the springs side for side
when I replaced the shox due to this problem...

but it is still there.

My real question, before I blow another $175 on
springs is whether there is anything else I could've
screwed up doing all the initial work (see top) that
would've caused this problem.  I had no problems with
rubbing or crunching before I did all the work.  I
really can't think of Anything.

Or is it just pure weird chance that the springs gave
out at the same time I was doing the work?

Thanks
Mark

I haven't really been reading the list since September
(full time skool + full time work = no life) but I
have stayed signed on... my deleted items box is
always full.... ;)

pps - thanks David Guido for the shirts - they kick
ass!

Mark

=====
Mark
Just because you have an opinion, doesn't mean that anyone wants to hear it

87 Westfalia Gl
84 Scirocco 8v
http://student.fortlewis.edu/~mwmages/