RE: Removing front swaybar improves handling??

Eric, I think you've got some of your tuning wires crossed.

> There are the 'Shine Racing' folks that run with no front sway bar (I am
> part of this group.) Then there are the rest of the world who say big
> front bar and minimal rear bar.

I don't know *anyone* who suggests using a minimal rear bar. Folks usually
debate no front bar with big rear bar or big bars front and rear.

>  I personally prefer the big rear bar no
> front bar approach.  but only for the street,

Wierd, this is the method that turns the best times on the *track*. In order
to control the camber changes in the front end of a VW one either has to add
roll stiffness via big swaybars or by stouter front springs. Doing it with
the springs makes for a lot of crash and bang on real streets. On the track
it makes for a very balanced car. I've not seen this work on the autocross
circuit but then I'm not an autocrosser...

> The big front bar is the best
> for a fully prepped racer for sure.  As for the street, I prefer the no
> front bar.

Once again, I've never seen or heard of racers running big *front* bars.
Autocrossers and street people will do it but definitely not road racers.

(And now.. -back to our regularly scheduled contreversy...)
Scott F. Williams
Account Manager
GENUiTY - Eastern Region
1 Liberty Plaza, 20th Floor