Re: [help] Ahh shite...fuel tank leaking

> -are S2 tanks/fittings prone to leakage, if so, where
> is it common?

  this is the afore mentioned recall info: campaign 'rs' issued on 2-92

Scir. 87-88 WVW**053*HK000001/   Inspect/replace fuel tank  RS  02/92
            WVW**053*JK009034

> -If required, what is the difficulty in dropping the
> tank?  Do exhaust and rear crossbeam require removal?

  remove cap and transfer pump (under back seat). disconnect fill hose
either at the top or by the tank. remove other various lines. remove
exhaust (pipe that goes over the corssbeam). remove crossbeam (two nuts
each side). replace / disconnect brake line hoses (just easier). remove
supports holding tank in place. replace tank. of course this is all
easier to do with no fuel in the tank. trust me. :)

--
 /\_/\	  Foxx (in a box)
< o o >	  http://foxx.tripod.com