Replacing fuel tank

Its not too hard to replace a fuel tank in a MK2 if you have a helper.  You will have to drop the rear axle though.  Other than that, its not too bad.  You have to do some creative maneuvering w/ the tank to get it to pass over the dropped axle, and into place, but it can be done.  If I remember correctly, I didn't disconnect my rear brake lines b/c I didn't want to bleed my brakes, but the job would be MUCH easier if you disconnect the rear lines, and drop the axle all the way to the ground.

If you can, get the tank replaced by the dealer.  They are expensive!

Good luck,

Victor

>>> <Captnbr@aol.com> 12/11 9:54 AM >>>
In a message dated 12/11/2000 8:16:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,