Re: [help] Ahh shite...fuel tank leaking

In a message dated 12/11/2000 8:16:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
rapieper@yahoo.com writes:

<< -are S2 tanks/fittings prone to leakage, if so, where
 is it common?
 -If required, what is the difficulty in dropping the
 tank? >>

Yes, they seem to leak at the seam where the two halves meet together.  This
is a recall on certain S2 years, I won't say they years because I am not
sure.  As far as I can tell it looks like a major ass pain to do yourself.
Check with VW to see if the recall is open on your Rocco.

Brian 86 16v
http://members.nbci.com/captnbr/captnbr

http://hometown.aol.com/captnbr/myhomepage/auto.html