Received Piper Cross Airbox

Well I finally got my Piper Cross Airbox from the UK last nite. Here are my
thoughts.
I can see why it took so long for them to get it to me, it appears to very
handmade. All spot welded from steel bar, shoddy fasteners and guide plugs
which promptly bent on install. But surprisingly without actual clips
holding the top and bottom the two haves are securely fastened. The actual
filter element is molded and fastened into the frame. Its made of split
layers of foam. Install took 10mins. http://www.scirocco2.de/pipercross.htm
(from dirks page)

When at idle with the hood open the motor seemed spin up quicker and there
was a little more sound. Not VR6 sound (damn) but a whoosh sound. Driving
you can hear it just as more noise from up front. Sounds decent. I went from
a ramair system and I can feel a little throttle response cruising in 5th.
It feels more healthy from 3K up though, stuck in traffic I felt no power
loss to heat soak.. All in all a decent mode, it cost 120.00 bucks and is
worth about 50.00, standard equation for the 16V. I am considering making
some that can use a stock drop in filter while practicing my welding skills.
Eurosport just released their model for the Scirocco, it uses a ITG drop in
filter and provides more of a heat shroud effect due to its design, it cost
159.00. http://www.eurosportacc.com/html/cool-flo.htm

I have movies and pics of the install, Ill put them onto my site as soon as
I find out how to get more webspace for cheap.

Shannon Fenton
Telecom Resource Management
206.266.6736
http://internal.amazon.com/it/infrastructure/telecom/