Re: $200 Oxs, NOW: Quality Parts

>But I will ask people this - who do you feel makes the top quality battery?
>I am interested in buying the best I can from now on.

IMHO, Interstate batteries suck. I had one blow up on me for no apparent
reason. Nothing wrong with my charging system to cause the batery to boil
over and go boom, but yet it did.  For those in Canada, Autopar batteries
from the chrysler dealer suck too. I used to work there a long time ago and
50% of them came back for warranty.  Right now at the Acura dealer I'm at,
we carry BlueStar batteries as well as OEM Honda batteries.  We havent been
carrying the bluestars long enough for us to have any warranty batteries
come back but I'll ask the rep next time he comes in. He owes me a free
lunch anyway.
For anyone in my area (Greater Vancouver, BC) Polar battery makes a really
good battery with an awesome warranty too!  I've got one in my old 'roc,
never maintained it. It died one day so I filled it up with distilled water
and it came back to life. I didn't even have to jump it or  put it on a
battery charger.

Anyhow, just my $0.02

Marie (lovin' her new 'roc despite it being automatic)